The GL250 drop down loft door is an innovative solution to the need for energy efficient loft space access, offering a cost effective alternative to traditional roof space entry. The unobtrusive desig
The GL250 drop down loft door is an innovative solution to the need for energy efficient loft space access, offering a cost effective alternative to traditional roof space entry. The unobtrusive design coupled with sleek, contemporary styling makes the door an ideal match for modern decors.
The revolutionary design of the multi-point catch mechanism means that the GL250 door can maintain a more effective draught seal around the entire accessible opening, helping to meet the air leakage requirements of Part L of the Building Regulations and preventing the problem of moist warm air entering the roof space causing condensation and heat loss issues.
Available with a range of insulation options to suit all requirements of modern construction levels; from an entry level insulation, to the Robust Construction Detail U-Value of 0.35 W/m²K and even down to a U-Value of 0.15 W/m²K to help meet the higher levels of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
• Low profile design with sleek, contemporary styling
• The door and frame are fully draught sealed
• Seals are supported by multiple perimeter catches
• Sliding door mechanism is operated from a single point
• Innovative hinge detail is hidden when the door is locked
• The design allows for the door to be fully removed in seconds
• All hinge, catch and fixing geometry outside of the door seals
• Hinge pivot positioned to provide largest accessible opening
• Frame screws up into ceiling timbers for simpler installation
• Insulated area on the back of the door is fully maximised